About the Role
If you are looking for adventure, and want to see parts of Oregon that only a handful of people get to see. Then being a Timber Boundary Surveyor might be what you are looking for. The position is based out of Corvallis, Oregon. We predominantly work along the coastal mountain range, but some of our projects take you along the cascade mountain range. As a timber boundary surveyor, you will be a part of a team of two that conducts data collection in the field. To mark boundary lines for private/public sector clients we support a wide range of timber boundary jobs.
What can you expect from this position?
- The opportunity to work under two Professional Oregon/California Licensed, Land Surveyors.
- Perform occasional out-of-town multi-day surveys covering the state of Oregon/Northern California.
- Use of Nikon conventional instruments.
- A company vehicle will be provided for all work-related support efforts and can be driven during your
commute to and from work.
- The ability to grow in your field of expertise while working towards your surveyor’s Certification.
- You will be working with a team of geomatics professionals and a company supporting your success.
What qualifications are we looking for?
No experience needed
Someone physically fit with the ability to hike steep grades, use a chainsaw to clear brush, and carry up to 50lbs
Willingness to learn how to be a geomatic professional and grow in the career
Strong communication skills
Responsible for the use and care of survey equipment
Ability to work in a team environment
About the Company
What does Northstar Surveying offer?
- Salary range: $31,200k-$37,400k plus overtime
- Quarterly/Annual performance bonuses
Family-focused benefits package that includes:
- Flexible work hours
- Health insurance with support for spouses and dependents
- Maternity/paternity leave for new parents
- 401k with employer match
Career development opportunities include:
- Paid memberships in professional organizations
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- Reimbursement for professional licensure expenses
- The opportunity to live and work in the beautiful State of Oregon, where you are just a short drive from big cities, small towns, snowy mountains, and sandy beaches
- Relocation assistance is available upon request